Pages

Nov 2, 2010

Journey to MBA

Plan to do MBA was a dream from junior college, during the final year of my graduation I started the preparation for CET. Then came the Symbiosis Test [SNAP] a dream destination B-School for every MBA aspirants and especially the Punekars. Saw the questions and was astonished, hardly five questions were answered from the whole paper and only one question was damn sure that is correct that was the question related to jaundice, I could answer it because I had the disease a month before the entrance exam, but bad luck wrongly marked in ‘c’ instead of ‘b’. I scored -1.75

Then planned to give CET, prepared well, without any classes, on the entrance day we had the inter-collegiate volleyball competition which was very important part of my life, for a -second, I thought I will bunk the entrance exam, play today and prepare next year for MBA. But may be it was God’s decision I gave the entrance exam, scored 48 but didn’t attend GD/PI, I was very nervous.

Joined MBA entrance coaching in IMS Borivali, coaching was good, but for me Maths was a tough subject, everything I learned felt like learning astronomy n chemistry. I am a commerce student for me subjects in commerce was like a story book, no maths, no geography. In between Prepared for IIM - CAT for me attempting and getting good marks was like getting India’s most prestigious award. According to me I scored above my abilities and was extremely happy, I actually wanted to give a second chance for CAT but parents denied.

This time again appeared for CET - MAH. And scored 68. I was very disappointed, I had attempted 140 questions and was very sure and expected 90 + By then I was sure the maximum mark I will be scoring in GD/PI would be not more than 20 and same happened and 1 mark for PAR. Total was 89. The process took a lot of time for the CAP round I lost my patience, thought of getting in Institute level. First preference was Xavier’s as it is a sister Institute of XLRI. But the cut-off for management seats students was 150 & no donations Now I felt like no use in doing MBA this year, now this was a last attempt. Pillai College [PIMSR] Panvel one among the best institutes in Bombay.

Planned for PGDM-IB, I felt I won’t get admission with such a low score, but God’s grace got in minority seat for MBA, but one issue came it was not MBA but MMS, as it was awarded by Mumbai University. But who cares everyone knows it by MBA itself.

Now I am happy to be a P.G student and thanking God for his Blessings and care he has over me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment